On Sun, Oct 30, 2016, 6:19 PM <fiber...@mail.com> wrote:

> Lewis Bergman wrote:
> > At the root is that you somehow believe government involvement is always
> good.
>   Now don't you go putting words in my mouth!
>   I never said such a thing.

You have made a case for it

  I do not think government involvement is always good. Neither do I
> believe that government involvement is always bad.
>
>   By your own words, you fall into the latter camp. I consider both
> positions to be extreme, and not a considered approach. Always having a
> knee jerk reaction rarely leads to an optimal result.

Don't go pouring words in my mouth. Not everything,but most.

> History doesn't back you up, especially where broadband is concerned.
>   Oh, goodie! A history lesson! Please tell me more. Out of the 450
> community networks in the US, how many did not work out and why?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

> > Government, most any government, does a pretty poor job if what it
> should be doing much less tasks it
> > has no business doing.
>   I'm sure government does a lot of things wrong and the wrong things.
>   Use your vote to change that. You'll have a chance to do so agsin next
> week.

You must be unfamiliar with the US system if you thinks voting changes much
of anything around here. Neither party is interested in smaller government
or generally making things better.

> You sound like someone who makes a living directly benefiting from tax
> dollars.
> > Or even worse, done quasi governmental agency with the tax or secured
> money benefits but no accountability.
>   I'm so sorry to disappoint you.
>   Why do you have something against people who get paid with tax dollars?
>   Does this animosity extend to police, firefighters and enlisted
> personnel?

Nice. Sure. I hate everyone.  Basic logical fallacy. Police and
firefighters are actually part of what the government should be doing.
Enlisted? Why stop there? What about officers? Puppies, babies.

What a load of emotional bait. I would have thought you were above that.