I've had this happen twice now, so it's more than just a 1 off. Both have happened in lightening storms. If you have weird things happening after a storm, this would be a place to start looking.

Symptom: Random loss of network connectivity (RF stays up) to most Sm's off of an AP, and/or network switch reporting port loop.

Cause: A 1000 Series connectorised SM could add the MAC addresses of any other devices on the AP/switch to it's local bridge table. This will cause random loss of connectivity to any other SM/CPE connected to the same AP. Usually network connectivity can be solidly maintained to this single SM over the RF link. The Ethernet link will not pass any traffic, but will have a lot of MAC entries on port LAN or Unknown under Monitor>Network>Bridge Table These will all be MAC addresses from other SM/CPE devices on the AP.

Remedy: Disabling the Ethernet port on the problem SM will solve the issue until the SM is replaced. There has been NO damage to the CPE device in ether case I have encountered, replacing the SM was the only action taken.

Notes: I realized that I do not have SM Traffic Isolation enabled at the AP, I do not know if this would prevent the issue or not. I have this bad SM labeled, If I can get some free time, I my try it on the bench to see if that setting would prevent it from affecting other radios.

Hopefully this will help others cut their troubleshooting time.

Nate