There are at least a couple ways to do a "hybrid" system, depending on the
situation.

One is getting service to a remote community that is buried in trees. Use
microwave to get to the neighborhood, and fiber to get around the
neighborhood.

The second is a neighborhood that isn't so "remote, and doesn't have that
many trees. Use fiber to get to the neighborhood, and wireless to get the
service around the neighborhood.

We have a few neighborhood that are buried within a grove of 300' (plus)
redwood trees. Impossible to get any decent kind of wireless service in
those.

However, we also have some of the second variety.

-bp

bp
part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com