Hey,

Back in the day (4 years ago), we used Mikrotik for our main core routers. We would allocate a single IP address from each /24 (randomly selected) and then we created a rule that any outside IP address that even "touched" that IP was added to our Blackhole address list and dropped on the incoming interfaces.

This was a cheap, easy way to stop many, many attacks. Our blackhole list often contained 50,000+ IP addresses.

Travis