S10 would have an electric radiator fan. If it gets hot when you stop, could be a weak fan motor.

I had a Cavalier, same engine as S10. It sometimes just ran hot, but hot at 42N lattitude might be very different from 'hot' in El Paso....so maybe nothing is "wrong".

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jaime Solorza" <losguyswirel...@gmail.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 9/17/2017 8:06:12 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: S10 Chevy heating issue

My wife bought a 2001 4x4 Chevy S10 Vortec 4.3 from sons wife. We knew it heated up a little...I replaced water pump, fan clutch, thermostat, had system flushed including heater core along with radiator. It doesn't heat up us as much...you can run it on freeway with temp at 210 degrees...once you exit and stop, it gets hot for a bit then cools off again. No detectable leaks, no water in oil...wonder if sensor if faulty...any ideas or tips...we want 4x4 for winter hiking season. Thanks