A couple of thoughts. We had an older Dodge van with the 318 V8. We replaced the radiator and put in a 3-fin in place of the original 2-fin, and that really cooled it off. Otherwise, replace the radiator instead of just a flush.

Also, check the compression. You may be getting blow-by on one or more cylinders. That can really heat up the oil (and then the engine).

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>