One of my biggest problems with the whole NN thing, is the fact that all
the reasons people list for needing it aren't things that have ever really
happened (or they were resolved one way or another without NN). It seems to
me the best thing to do is get rid of the (apparently) pointless
regulations and if real problems do show up, put some rules in place that
specifically fix those problems.

The most common argument seems to be things like Netflix will get blocked
unless you pay extra - but the fact is, no major ISP is going to do that
unless they're suicidal. Even if they're in an area where they currently
have a de-facto monopoly, if they start pulling stuff like that, that's
going to be a huge opportunity for competition to come in.