I presumed Cogent did it at the request of Comcast. After all, Netflix creates less demand for their CATV offering.

-----Original Message----- From: Dennis Burgess
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 4:29 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Best NN Article I've Read

I take two parts to this..

1. So when Cogent, a transit provider that sits in the middle of content owners and ISPs was caught prioritizing Netflix’s traffic into Comcast, why weren’t proponents of net neutrality up in arms? Why weren’t they calling on the FCC to do something? [Cogent Now Admits They Slowed Down Netflix’s Traffic, Creating A Fast Lane & Slow Lane]

2. The idea that an ISP is going to purposely slow down or degrade the experience of their user by harming Netflix, Amazon, or Apple’s content is ludicrous.

These are in two paragraphs, but still, don't these two sentences contradict one other? Maybe I am wrong?

Guess the difference now that I look at it is one is a transit provider and the other is an ISP, the net neutrality order has nothing in it for transit providers, but cogent is a ISP as well with many lit buildings on-net, so where does that difference begin?

Just questions :)

Dennis Burgess
www.linktechs.net – 314-735-0270 x103 – dmburg...@linktechs.net