Resolved somehow. There are only 2 customers on this old AP. Customer #2
shuts off their router every night and it was off during troubleshooting...
when they turned their router on this morning, it's MAC address showed up
and the problem for Customer #1 went away right then and started showing a
MAC in the system.

[I went through various troubleshooting steps, had them connect a computer
directly, and still no MAC address, but DHCP requests were coming through.
Radio said 100 Mbps on Ethernet the whole time.]

Thank you for the help.