If they are smart enough to reboot a router or just keep trying for a few
seconds and then can continue, that is non-service affecting.
If our call center lights up with 200 calls, that is service affecting.

From: Dennis Burgess
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 2:44 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] IPv4 exhaust again

That really depends on what you consider “non-service affecting” ..  I would
argue that as long as customers can get out and customers can get into their
public IPs, a 10-30 seconds of them not getting out, is fine.  Finding products
that store connections etc, and continues a download during the failure, gets
real costly.  Just my two cents, but I do understand your point of view.

Dennis Burgess – Network Solution Engineer – Consultant

MikroTik Certified Trainer/Consultant – MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE, MTCINE

For Wireless Hardware/Routers visit www.linktechs.net

Radio Frequency Coverages: www.towercoverage.com

Office: 314-735-0270