I agree that the square original Unifi AC PRO model wasn't the best "value,"
but I used several of them across the street just fine. Was about 200 feet
through at least two exterior stucco walls, so seemed pretty good.

More gain at the AP doesn't change the physics of the (assumed) handset having
a tiny antenna with awful radiation patterns. For this reason, I don't believe
in "long-range" access points nowadays. Where it makes sense, try to place two
or more access points closer to your usage areas instead of one
centrally-located one. The days of one access point in the middle of the
warehouse are over, IMO.

--dan