Nice if you knew the direction of the surge source...

From: Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 9:40 AM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] new product question

I know some surge protector manufacturers used circuits which needed to be
oriented in a certain direction in relation to the surge source.  But those
typically were labeled with labels like "protected equipment" and "surge
source".   These circuits often included an element which isolated the data
line during a surge event.