You have to go back a long way in WISP history for how we got here….

The list was Part-15 at one time, and existed prior to WISPA.   Can’t recall
the last name - Michael somebody ran the organization.   One day Michael was
mad about something and posted the infamous “I quit” email - and that was
pretty much the end of Part 15 and the list.  I actually think that was during
a Animal Farm session if I recall correctly.

Chuck took over the list after that - I don’t think it was called AFMUG at the
time, but it later became that.   Might have even been Motorola specific - not
that it was ever on topic anyway.

There are WISPA lists - but the AFMUG list has lived on.   Yes - it’s Chuck’s
list though occasionally the members donate money for the cost of hosting it.

This list has it’s advantages.   It’s membership leans toward a group of people
who have known each other for a very long time.   You probably shouldn’t say
bad things about WBMfg products (makes Chuck get all kranky) but everybody else
if fair game.  I like it since it’s a place I can say things I can’t really say
with a WISPA hat on (or at least I can’t say without blowback to WISPA).

Mark