Ooooo, I was googling for cheap fpga but did not find anything that cheap.

From: Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:45 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Raspberry PI

You can get a fpga board which might be suitable for this project (after adding
appropriate clocks) for around $20 anymore.   One example: http://tinyfpga.com/

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 6:42 PM, Lewis Bergman <lewis.berg...@gmail.com> wrote:

  They aren't cheap but you could always use an fpga.

  On Thu, Feb 22, 2018, 7:35 PM Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

    No, I saw it, but I already had the Pi so I ignored it and hoped for the
best.
    I tried it first with arduino.  Just not enough speed.  And it had the
jitter problem too.

    I have a method using three TTL/CMOS chips that is going to work... I
think...

    The only thing separating the gps disciplined signal and the T1 will be a D
flip flop and a few AND/NAND gates.  So that ought to get me super low jitter.

    Trying for stratum I with rubidium hold-over isochronous performance at the
end of the day.  For cheap.