In case your existing plan doesn't work:

So what frequency are you running out of the rubidium?

I've admittedly never had to deal with a GPS-aligned T1 reference clock.
I'm assuming you both have to control the exact frequency and also the
timing of the superframe, and probably even the edge alignment?

In my mind, the trick with using an arduino (or other small micro) is to
not bit-bang it but instead to clock one of the internal USART's with an
appropriate clock.   Assuming one disciplines an oscillator to some
multiple of the T1 frequency--possibly even exactly the frequency--one
should be able to divide this down and feed it into the external clock
input on the processor, using that to clock out the bitstream which is
generated by the processor.  The only difficult trick will be to adjust the
superframe bits to match the GPS time.  However with the disciplined clock
this should become rather trivial as you should be able to fix this within
a superframe of the T1, and then clock it every 1544 bits as needed.

The clock disciplining could/should also be done with the microcontroller
controlling an OCXO.  If you're clocking late, just adjust the OCXO to run
a bit faster.  Early, run it a bit slower.