Being sandwiched between two medium sized cities left us with few channels as well. One of the few vendors that sell white space equipment even was nice enough to tell me don't even bother with his product line.

Jeremy wrote:
We have one 5MHz channel available in our area, the rest was all claimed by wireless microphones - I am guessing by the University.