May be looking for two separate items here. And rehashing the site remote
acces questions.
I prefer a multicarrier option, that way if im in the tech van and its
verizon sim isnt getting quality id like to drop my att straight talk sim
in and get interwebs.
I prefer mikrotik. I currently use an air router for the install truck and
with ip aliases i can access all our radios directly from a phone and our
long test cable. Except not 169.254.1.1 because ubnt chose to hardcode
that. If the radio connects to our network then we have access to our
network from our phone. Having the cellular option adds public side access.
Plus google earth needs a live connection to plot link paths onsite, i did
it today on a 300k hotspot from my workphone...aweful.
I would like external wifi and cellular antenna options so i dont have to
hang this out the window in a ziplock baggie, looks kind of ghetto, but it
also needs to be able to be made portable if im testing where i cant get
the van close enough to operate off the test cables and have to operate off
ac site power or out of radio range of the van antenna.

Then, of course external remote site access. We had a site router hang the
other day and had to drive to the site with a subscriber to connect from
the ground and reboot the ups, otherwise we would have had to climb or trip
the breaker and wait for the battery to die