From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 4:03 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Remote access and mobile data for tech

I was talking to Select Spectrum the other day.  They can get you a channel in
217-220mhz.  The license is for a whole county.  I think the biggest size is
1mhz, but they'll also do a 100khz channel.  They'll price it by
Mhz*population.  A tenth of a mhz times the population of a rural county could
be pretty cheap.  Oh and you can transmit at 50 Watts ERP.

So along these lines I was wondering how feasible it would be to build a little
low speed OOB management network.  You might only get 100kbps, but 217mhz at 50
Watts should really travel.  It might be just the thing to get you into your
hung router.