Don't get me started on USF.. Chuck will take offense :)

I agree colloguially it is a 'Tax'... however if you were speaking from a legal
perspective, it is not
(Why ? it is against Federal & State law for any entity other then a Gov entity
to Collect tax, you and I can be their agents to Collect tax on their behalf,
however if we collect tax and pocket it, it is considered to be a very big
crime).
Fees and Contributions on the other hand .... don't have such penalties :)

>>Calling it "Mandatory Contribution" is just marketing semantics, and
>>ultimately the customer pays for that whether or not we choose to make it a
>>separate line item.

Proper way to say it would be .. Ultimately, WE the service providers pay for
this.. .whether we choose to collect it or not on a separate line item.

:)

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom