From: Jim Bromer <jimbro...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 11 June 2019 19:32
To: AGI
Subject: Re: [agi] Re: A mathematics of concpetual relations?

Mike,
I again apologize for my strident and aggressive responses. I honestly do not
mean to be disrespectful of the remarks that have been made in this thread.I
just have a way of expressing myself which comes across as a little rough at
times.

Let me give you an example of something that I just thought about. Suppose I
decided to use humongous numbers - maybe a million bits - but with the
intention only to use a small part of it at a time for any computation. The bit
positions might have some kind of meaning or some directive related to meaning.
Then how can I efficiently represent these huge numbers in which only tiny
disparate bits are relevant? This becomes a traditional compression problem. So
suddenly, just because I am thinking about this in a special way, the
impossible part becomes very possible - given that I might be able to come up
with algorithms that could effectively work on these compressed numbers without
having to decompress them first. This is an interesting thought. What makes it
interesting is that I am not limited to some mundane application of a tired
method like using vectors mapped onto 3-dimension space using traditional
computational arithmetic or something. The freedom of thinking outside the box,
even though it will usually be unsuccessful, illuminates whole new vistas.
Jim Bromer

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM Mike Archbold
<jazzbo...@gmail.com<mailto:jazzbo...@gmail.com>> wrote:
mean't "wasn't being dismissive". Typing too fast

Artificial General Intelligence List<https://agi.topicbox.com/latest> / AGI /
see discussions<https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi> +
participants<https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/members> + delivery