“Advances of technology, along with enhanced understandings of biology and
emergent systems, will rouse a new order of attentive competence unattainable
to any that lack appropriate technological augmentation. The greater part of
living humanity could be relegated to a taxonomic out-caste, becoming mere *Vox
Animalia* — protesting animal voices.

Able to wield multiple streams of thought in common with other artificially
pluripotent beings, orchestrated via artificial intelligence systems, such
transhumans will know multi-layered concerts of conceptualization and
expression, along with multi-focal attentiveness. Will they choose recklessly
or well? In benevolence or with indifference? Will their aspirations seek to
further organic wholesomeness, cultural integrity, or will they incite new
levels of rootless existential anguish?

It is possible, in the case of some more harmonious rendition, that we might
approach a profoundly benign cultural threshold, as given in Hermann Hesse’s
*Das Glasperlenspiel (The Glass Bead Game*). But, conversely, if wholly
divorced from any sense of of organic belonging, sentient life likely will veer
into never-ending and virtually-recursing nightmare. Our choices pivot on how
we make sense of living on this planet, in this cosmos. Truly, future reality
will be whatever we think it is.”

From http://www.manifestorders.com/overview.html

Howard Jones [johojo]