Disclaimer: I'm just trying to translate these talking points for better
comprehension. I am not a member of the "all intelligence is best modeled as
sequence prediction" camp. For one thing, that's a bit too flat or simplistic.
(Like saying, "all intelligence is just choosing your next action." Well yes,
but *how* to do it is the big awkward question.) And on an intuitive level, I
don't think my understanding of a book is measured by how well I guessed the
ending. Understanding is more like ... the ability to connect things in the
text to my current world-model in the way that was intended by the author.