On 8/19/21 2:47 PM, John Rose wrote:
For example, dot net has a feature called reflection, as does Java, that enables code to look at itself. Using this all sorts of chores are typically done in everyday development. Yet reflection has not been utilized to its full capability IMO. In some ways yes, for example look at NSwag API wrapper generator... but with knowledge and mathematical structure in relation to AGI more coding work can be automated realtime using reflection. I’m sure though many AGI devs have been using the capability to some extent.

For historical references, Common Lisp and even Lisp 1.5 had reflection too. Around 1980.

(On my spare time, with others, I am slowly developing http://refpersys.org/ <http://refpersys.org/> - an open source GPLv3+ licensed *ref*lexive *per*sistent *sys*tem for Linux - which could interest some people on this list)

The last book of Jacques Pitrat -

 Artificial Beings: the Conscience of a Conscious Machine

ISBN-13: 978-1848211018

should also interest some people from this list.

--
Basile Starynkevitch                  <bas...@starynkevitch.net>
(only mine opinions / les opinions sont miennes uniquement)