At 06:11 27.12.02 -0500, Cliff wrote:
>I suspect that Esperanto will not be much more difficult to tackle
>than any current existing language, or at best a *tiny* bit easier.
>The greatest difficulty of language is not grammar, or spelling,
>punctuation, etc.

Esperanto is still too complicated. I am tinkering with 3 languages:

human-readable:

http://www.lojban.org/
http://www.loglan.org/

machine-readable:

http://pi7.fernuni-hagen.de/helbig/multinet_en.html

To talk with a chatterbot in Lojban oder Loglan is much better and easier
than in German or English (or Esperanto) but there are not enough texts in
this easier languages.

Natural languages are a mess with many rules, exceptions and patches, but
imho only more work is needed to put this into a machine.

cu Alex

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]