> I am exceedingly glad that I do not share your opinion on this.  Human
> altruism *is* possible, and indeed I observe myself possessing a
> significant measure of it.  Anyone doubting thier ability to 'resist
> corruption' should not IMO be working in AGI, but should be doing some
> serious introspection/study of thier goals and motivations. (No offence
> intended, Brad)
>
> Michael Roy Ames

None taken.  I'm altruistic myself, to a fault oftentimes.

I have no doubt of my ability to help my fellow man.  I bend over backwards to help
complete strangers without a care because it makes me feel good.  I am a "friendly"
person.

But that word "fellow" is the key.  It implies peers, relative equals.

I don't think I, or you, or anyone, can expect our personal ethical frameworks to
function properly in a situation like that a hyperintelligent AI will face.

Tell me this, have you ever killed an insect because it bothered you?

-Brad

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]