On 4/17/07, James Ratcliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A simple list, or set of goals for an AGI to accomplish reasonably I would
find very useful, and something to work for.

I'm not entirely optimistic about getting everyone on this list to agree on
such, but if I were to boil it down, I think the goal to aim for is text to
video.

That is, given a simple piece of English text like "the cat sat on the mat"
or (to take a recently cited example) the text of Little Red Riding Hood
(can be hand-translated into something like CycL if you like, though I think
parsing English is one of the easier parts of the job), produce a video of
the event - not just stringing together a few stylized snippets of
animation, but with actual 3D physics simulation, the way the brain does it.