Josh,

[ignore previous truncated version]

I'm not quite sure what your angle is here, but I don't seem to be
communicating, (please correct me). If BTW you and/or others aren't
interested in this whole cultural history area, please ignore.

I'm saying the last 400 years have been framed by Descartes' and science's
mind VERSUS body dichotomy. That in turn has been expressed in a whole
variety of subsidiary dichotomoies and cultural battles:

HUMAN SYSTEM:

mind vs body

Self vs body

reason vs emotion

rationality vs imagination

intelligence vs creativity
(convergent      vs  divergent
intelligence             intelligence)

logic  vs  analogy

intellect vs athleticism

SIGN SYSTEMS/ MEDIA

literacy   vs   artistic education
(symbolic   vs image
media              media )

(language,   vs  painting, photography, video etc)
maths

ORGANIZED KNOWLEDGE

cognitive psychology   vs   physical psychology
cognitive sciences              physiological psychology

                                        embodied cognition

sciences                     vs arts
(general                           particular,
abstract                           concrete)

[science                      vs religion]

philosophy                 vs  naturalistic, science-based
"other-wordly,"               philosophy
thought-experimental

AI

Computational
AI/AGI                     vs    robotics
(Symbolic AI            vs (situated, embodied
                                         evolutionary robotics)

What has been happening over the last decade or so, is that all these dichotomies have been dissolving. It's arguably a consensus now that you can't have reason without emotion, but the other dichotomies and battles are still raging including throughout AI. Very soon now, I'm arguing, there will be a consensus about all these things - and in every case, it will be recognised that you can't have the left side, the pure, rational, disembodied, symbolic side WITHOUT the right side, without the imaginative, emotional, imagistic side - can't have mind without body - or AGI without a robotic body.

You will have a corporate science and AI that sees them all as inseparable sides of a whole. All this is happening now - dualism may have been bankrupt a while ago, but Dennett has been, and still is, spending a massive amount of energy arguing against it, because its influence is still playing out, including in the current battles of AI..

What