On Friday 11 May 2007 09:15:56 pm Mike Tintner wrote:

> I'm saying the last 400 years have been framed by Descartes' and science's
> mind VERSUS body dichotomy. That in turn has been expressed in a whole
> variety of subsidiary dichotomoies and cultural battles:

> ... mind vs body
> ... reason vs emotion ...

I think all your comparisons are actually different axes in reality, and they
don't have enough in common to conflate usefully. For example, in my reading
of the Scientific/Industrial Revolution, body and reason got accelerated
while mind and emotion got left behind. Couldn't happen if they were the same
dichotomy.

Josh