Well, your suggestion is basically a dictatorship by you ;-) ... where
individuals contribute their code to a for-profit you control, without any
clear promise of compensation in future, or even of ability to see the whole
system into which their code is fitting...

I don't see how your system is better than just making a standard for-profit
company, and allocating individuals options periodically based on their
contributions.  What's the difference, and what's the advantage?

Ben

On 6/3/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi Ben,

    Great suggestion but, fundamentally, I don't want the codebase to be
open-source.

>> I understand this is not a perfect arrangement, but it seems to me much
less profoundly flawed than the other alternatives that have been bounced
around...
    Could you point out what you see as the profound flaws in my
suggestion?  (And TIA if you're willing to do so)

        Mark