Agreed.  I was hoping that a traditional for-profit with a slightly odd
compensation scheme (and some extra rules pretty much for internal
consumption only) would work.  Your reaction isn't promising (though I can't
tell whether it's due to the idea itself or my poor presentation).

Well my feeling is that the odd compensation scheme, even if very clearly
presented, would turn off a VC or even an angel investor ...

So with a scheme like that, you'd only attract investment $$ once you
really, truly, clearly had either an awesomely profit-worthy product or a
really smart AGI ...

But whether the scheme would turn off potential contributors, I dunno ...
maybe not...