On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 01:22:26PM -0400, Richard Loosemore wrote:

> Am I the only one, or does anyone else agree that politics/political
> theorising is not appropriate on the AGI list?

Yes, and I'm sorry I triggred the thread.

> I particularly object to libertarianism being shoved down our throats,
> not so much because I disagree with it, but because so much of the
> singularity / extropian / futurist discussion universe is dominated by it.

Why is that?  Before this, the last libertarian I ran across was
a few decades ago. And yet, here, they are legion. Why is that?
Does libertarian philosphy make people more open-minded to ideas
such as the singularity? Make them bigger dreamers? Make them more
willing to explore alternatives, even as the rest of the world
explores the latest hollywood movie?

--linas