--- Ed Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We do not know the number and width of the spreading activation that is
> necessary for human level reasoning over world knowledge.  Thus, we really
> don't know how much interconnect is needed and thus how large of a P2P net
> would be needed for impressive AGI.  But I think it would have to be larger
> than say 10K nodes.

In complex systems on the boundary between stability and chaos, the degree of
interconnectedness per node is constant.  Complex systems always evolve to
this boundary because stable systems aren't complex and chaotic systems can't
be incrementally updated.

In my thesis ( http://cs.fit.edu/~mmahoney/thesis.html ) I did not estimate
the communication bandwidth.  But it is O(n log n) because the distance
between nodes grows as O(log n).  For each message sent or received, a node
must also relay O(log n) messages.

If the communication protocol is natural language text, then I am pretty sure
our existing networks can handle it.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]