--- Ed Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you saying the increase in vulnerability would be no more than that?

Yes, at least short term if we are careful with the design.  But then again,
you can't predict what AGI will do, or else it wouldn't be intelligent.  I
can't say for certain long term (2040s?) it wouldn't launch a singularity, or
even that it wouldn't create an intelligent worm that would eat the Internet.
I don't think anyone is smart enough to get it right, but it is going to
happen in one form or another.

I wrote up a quick description of my AGI proposal at
http://www.mattmahoney.net/agi.html
basically summarizing what I posted over the last several emails, including
various attack scenarios.  I'm sure I didn't think of everything.  It is kind
of sketchy because it's not an area I am actively pursuing.  It should be a
useful service at least in the short term before it destroys us.