>> Your argument about the difference between a GS and an MES system is a
>> strawman argument.  Omohundro never made the argument, nor did he touch on
>> it as far as I can tell.  I did not find his paper very interesting either,
>> but you are the one who seems to be pulling conclusions out of thin air.

>> You can introduce the GS vs MES argument if you want, but you cannot then
>> argue from the implication that everyone has to refer to it or else stand
>> guilty of pulling arguments out of thin air.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Jim here, Richard.  Nothing you've said
convinces me that GS vs. MES belongs in this argument at all.  I disagree with
Omohundro's final conclusions but believe that his arguments apply equally well
-- in a short-sighted sense (see next e-mail) -- to either architecture.