Regarding the best language for AGI development, most here know that I'm using
Java in Texai.  For skill acquisition, my strategy is to have Texai acquire a
skill by composing a Java program to perform the learned skill.  I hope that
the algorithmic (e.g. Java statement & operation) knowledge that I teach it
will be eventually portable to source code generation in machine language for
the x64 architecture.  One might hope that by initially teaching the register
set, machine instructions, and cache-line characteristics for x64, the code
generation might subsequently  learn to perform many of the static and dynamic
(e.g. execution profiling based) optimizations employed by the best compilers.

Given algorithmic knowledge, it should be possible, for example, to avoid the
need for type inference, or escape analysis to determine which objects can be
allocated from the stack versus the heap.  Likewise, algorithmic knowledge
should enable the identification of single threaded code in which objects can
be statically allocated or simply kept in a register.  What I am suggesting is
that compiler optimization is a skill, and that skill could be taught to an AGI
- having the ability to learn by being taught.

While I enjoy reading about, and sometimes participating in, a programming
languages discussion, I suppose that what language an AGI should author is also
interesting.

Cheers.
-Steve

 Stephen L. Reed