People can discriminate real words from nonwords even when the latter are orthographically and phonologically word-like, presumably because words activate specific lexical and/or semantic information.
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=14733408

Categories like "noun" and "verb" represent the basic units of grammar in all human languages, and the retrieval of categorical information associated with words is an essential step in the production of grammatical speech. Studies of brain-damaged patients suggest that knowledge of nouns and verbs can be spared or impaired selectively; however, the neuroanatomical correlates of this dissociation are not well understood. We used event-related functional MRI to identify cortical regions that were active when English-speaking subjects produced nouns or verbs in the context of short phrases
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1360518

Neuroimaging and lesion studies suggest that processing of word classes, such as verbs and nouns, is associated with distinct neural mechanisms. Such studies also suggest that subcategories within these broad word class categories are differentially processed in the brain. Within the class of verbs, argument structure provides one linguistic dimension that distinguishes among verb exemplars, with some requiring more complex argument structure entries than others. This study examined the neural instantiation of verbs by argument structure complexity: one-, two-, and three-argument verbs.
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1321140.1321142&coll=&dl=

The neural basis for verb comprehension has proven elusive, in part because of the limited range of verb categories that have been assessed. In the present study, 16 healthy young adults were probed for the meaning associated with verbs of MOTION and verbs of COGNITION. We observed distinct patterns of activation for each verb subcategory: MOTION verbs are associated with recruitment of left ventral temporal-occipital cortex, bilateral prefrontal cortex and caudate, whereas COGNITION verbs are associated with left posterolateral temporal activation. These findings are consistent with the claim that the neural representations of verb subcategories are distinct
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13451551

Neural processing of nouns and verbs: the role of inflectional morphology

http://csl.psychol.cam.ac.uk/publications/04_Tyler_Neuropsychologia.pdf

Others:

http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/12/9/900
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/99520773/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0