OK, I guess the term "architecture" is poorly defined.

Let me say it this way, then: I suspect that if you have a system that

a) has a generally dog/chimp/pig like cognitive architecture (which we
humans certainly do)

b) can learn to understand and generate human language

this this system will also be able to learn basic human math...

-- Ben G