Ben Goertzel wrote:

Hi,

        Because some folks find that they are not subjectively
        sufficient to explain everything they subjectively experience...

    That would be more convincing if such people were to show evidence
    that they understand what algorithmic processes are and can do.
     I'm almost tempted to class such verbalizations as "meaningless
    noise", but that's probably too strong a reaction.

Push comes to shove, I'd have to say I'm one of those people.
But you aren't one who asserts that that *IS* the right answer. Big difference. (For that matter, I have a suspicion that there are non-algorithmic aspects to consciousness. But I also suspect that they are "implementation details".)

ben g