Try ping-pong -  as per the computer game. Just a line (/bat) and a
square(/ball) representing your opponent - and you have a line(/bat) to play
against them

Now you've got a relatively simple true AGI visual problem - because if the
opponent returns the ball somewhat as a real human AGI does,  (without the
complexities of spin etc just presumably repeatedly changing the direction (and
perhaps the speed)  of the returned ball) - then you have a fundamentally
*unpredictable* object.

How will your program learn to play that opponent - bearing in mind that the
opponent is likely to keep changing and even evolving strategy? Your approach
will have to be fundamentally different from how a program learns to play a
board game, where all the possibilities are predictable. In the real world,
"past performance is not a [sure] guide to future performance". Bayes doesn't
apply.

That's the real issue here -  it's not one of simplicity/complexity - it's that
 your chosen worlds all consist of objects that are predictable, because they
behave consistently, are shaped consistently, and come in consistent, closed
sets - and  can only basically behave in one way at any given point. AGI is
about dealing with the real world of objects that are unpredictable because
they behave inconsistently,even contradictorily, are shaped inconsistently and
come in inconsistent, open sets - and can behave in multi-/poly-ways at any
given point. These differences apply at all levels from the most complex to the
simplest.

Dealing with consistent (and regular) objects is no preparation for dealing
with inconsistent, irregular objects.It's a fundamental error

Real AGI animals and humans were clearly designed to deal with a world of
objects that have some consistencies but overall are inconsistent, irregular
and come in open sets. The perfect regularities and consistencies of
geometrical figures and mechanical motion (and boxes moving across a screen)
were only invented very recently.