From: Mike Tintner <tint...@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: agi <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 9:07:53 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] Of definitions and tests of AGI

The issue isn't what a computer can do. The issue  is how you structure the
computer's or any agent's thinking about a  problem. Programs/Turing machines
are only one way of structuring  thinking/problemsolving - by, among other
things, giving the  computer a method/process of solution. There is an
alternative way of  structuring a computer's thinking, which incl., among other
things, not giving  it a method/ process of solution, but making it rather than
a human  programmer do the real problemsolving.  More of that another  time.