I CFJ the following: “D. Margaux’s attempt on 11 November 2018 to delete
language from the Living Zombie contract was EFFECTIVE.”

This is CFJ 3689. I’ll assign it in a few days, to give players a chance to
favour it if they wish.

Caller’s Arguments:

I just noticed that the contract doesn’t say I can delete text “by
announcement” or by any other particular method. I *think* my attempt was
EFFECTIVE, however, because (1) Rule 1742 says “A contract may be modified,
including by changing the set of parties, by agreement between all existing
parties” and (2) all existing parties “agree[d]” to allow me to amend the
contract by deleting text enclosed in brackets.

Unlike when I tried to throw everyone’s coins in the Fountain, I think Rule
2125 doesn’t pose an obstacle to this amendment.  Rule 2125 says in relevant
part:  “A Regulated Action CAN only be performed as described by the Rules, and
only using the methods explicitly specified in the Rules for performing the
given action.”  I think the amendment I made was performed as described by the
Rules—the Rules say that contracts can be amended by agreement, and the
parties’ agreement says I can amend it by deleting text. So, the parties have
agreed to this, and so the Rule authorizing contract amendments is satisfied.