On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Kerim Aydin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2008, Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 May 2008, comex wrote:
>>> Exactly!  ALREADY TRIED, the explicit mechanism for dealing with dupe
>>> trials, requires it to be the same rule or it doesn't count.
>>
>> That doesn't change my argument.  R101 would have precedence and prevent
>> the trial altogether.  It's not implicit, it's explicit.
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean "prevent" the trial, I meant make it illegal to
> start the second one, as doing so abridges/limits etc. my rights.

While I agree with you that double jeopardy is a serious issue, what
would then prevent a person from breaking a rule, initiating a
specious criminal case alleging that the action broke some other rule,
then go on to assert that any further prosecution presented an illegal
violation of eir R101 rights?

-root