On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Ed Murphy wrote:
> Note that this only became a problem with "Take it to equity!" was
> adopted; before that, you could go straight to criminal prosecution
> of the members for failing to keep the AFO obedient.

I'm not so sure.  "Take it to equity!" prevents violations from being
against R1742.  However, it could still be a prosecutable criminal
offense for members to fail in their devolved responsibilities (e.g. a
violation against R2145 instead, and a higher-power rule at that).
That's an entirely different avenue I hadn't thought about.

This would be a desired feature: limiting criminal claims w.r.t to
general contracts, but holding partnership responsibilities to a
higher standard.

-Goethe