On Sun, 31 May 2009, Aaron Goldfein wrote:
>> Proto-proto:  If an entity is required to destroy a Rest in the
>> possession of a player with no Rests, it CAN by announcement create a
>> Note of a specified pitch and a Rest in the possession of that player.
>
> Or just allow negative rests.

We've had in the past tried to keep currencies a lot like "real things"
and in that sense we're rather medieval; there's precedents that there's
no such thing as a "negative" currency, that you can't magically transmute
fungible currencies into each other; that you can't "decrease a currency
by a negative amount thereby increasing it" etc.

At least that's some varied precedents it hasn't come up in a bit.

-G.