On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2017-07-02 at 15:06 -0500, Nicholas Evans wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk>
> > wrote:
> > > I know, but you never make a /profit/ by spending Shinies. So
> > > failing to make a loss is the best you can manage.
> >
> > That's not true. Since FV changes weekly, and it takes a week for a
> > proposal to pass, you just need to pend a week before an FV increase.
> > Pending itself will (marginally) increase FV. Buying a stamp would do
> > so even more. The more people pending and buying things W1, the more
> > the proposal will payout W2.
>
> Doesn't FV decrease over time, though (as more Shinies accumulate in
> the hands of people who won't use them)? Timing a pend for just before
> an FV increase seems almost impossible.

​FV decreasing means stamps get cheaper though. Week-over-week hoarding and
FV decrease should lead to a wave of stamp purchases. That wave should lead
to a sudden spike in FV, which continues the cycle.

That's the theory of course. If you're right and it stagnates in the
mid-term, we can try to patch it then.​