There is the following provision "The recordkeepor of a class of
assets is the entity (if any)
defined as such by, and bound by, its backing document. That
entity's report includes a list of all instances of that class and
their owners."

I'm 95% sure there was at one point a rule that said "if any report's
time period is not specified, it's weekly" or something of the like,
but I cannot find it now.