On 2/19/2019 5:36 AM, Cuddle Beam wrote:
I'm piggybacking off the existing Ribbon rules. Maybe there's a more
elegant way to do it. What do you guys think?

I think it's fine and elegant to use existing stuff, but the rule is pretty
long already - I'd split it into three rules:

Rule 1:
      The Tailor is an office, and the recordkeepor of Ribbons.

      Ribbon Ownership is a person switch, tracked by the Tailor in eir
      monthly report, whose values are the subsets of the set of types
      of Ribbon, defaulting to the empty set. If the rules are amended
      to change the types of Ribbon, if a player's Ribbon Ownership is
      subsequently illegal, then it is updated by removing all
      nonexistent types rather than resetting the entire value to
      default.

      To "award a person a <Ribbon type>" is to add that type of Ribbon
      to that person's Ribbon Ownership. A person "owns a <Ribbon type>"
      if that type of Ribbon is an element of eir Ribbon Ownership.

      While a person qualifies for a type of Ribbon, any player CAN, by
      announcement, award em that type of Ribbon. A person qualifies for
      a type of Ribbon if e has earned that type of Ribbon within the
      preceding 7 days (including earlier in the same message) and has
      not owned that type of Ribbon within the preceding 7 days.
 ADD THIS:
      Ribbon types CAN only be defined by the Rules (of power X?)  There are
      two
      types of Ribbons:  Ordinary [better name?] Ribbons and Relic Ribbons,
      By default, a Ribbon is Ordinary.

Rule 2: Ordinary ribbons:

      While a person owns all types of Ordinary Ribbon, that person can
      Raise a
      Banner by announcement. This causes that person to win the game.
      That person's Ribbon Ownership becomes the empty set + Relics.

      The types of Ordinary Ribbon, and the methods of obtaining them, are
      as follows: [...]

Rule 3: Relic ribbons:
      Mirror of above.