I could see this coming out either way. It's the sort of hyper literalist
interpretation that Agorans seem to adopt sometimes.

It's really interesting to me, because within my discipline (law), those sorts
of hyperliteralist interpretations simply wouldn't work. Lawyers would just
intuitively know somehow that this kind of interpretive move would be out of
bounds--I'm not really sure why. But it's not necessary out of bounds in Agora,
and I'm not sure why that is either.