On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:

> Please review if you have an interest in a pending case - did I miss anything?
>
> Cases listed open in the Court Gazette May 27
>       - CFJ 3726, later judged by Falsifian, no action needed
>       - CFJ 3727, later judged by Falsifian, no action needed
>       - CFJ 3728, later judged by Trigon, no action needed
>
> Subsequent Events (Grouped by case, cases sorted by date of Call)
>
> May 23, 7:10 PM
>  - Falsifian CFJs on "the Lost and Found department owns..."
>  - Arbitor assigns it to D. Margaux as 3729
>  - D. Margaux judges it (no further action needed)
>
> May 28, 2019 at 9:49:13 AM EDT
>  - D. Margaux files a CFJ "The ADoP did not..." with the Referee.
>  - Referee assigns this CFJ to Trigon as an "unnumbered" CFJ.
>  - Trigon judges this CFJ.
>  - ACTION NEEDED:  ID NUMBER ASSIGNMENT

Note that (probably) only the Referee can assign an ID number to this
case. Under Rule 2246, "Submitting a CFJ to the Referee", "the Referee
receives all obligations and powers for the specific case that the
Arbitor would otherwise receive due to being Arbitor." I see no reason
why that wouldn't include ID number assignment. I'd suggest that the
best course of action is probably for the Arbitor to reserve a number
and for the Referee to assign it. I believe the Referee is probably
also required to write a mini-court gazette for the case, although
that's arguable. In any case, I consider this a bug and a fix proposal
is incoming.

-Aris