Reading this, I feel like it asserts that (at least) one of these two things is correct, but I'm not sure which:

- If two different people claim to do the same thing, they are different "actions" because different people do them. Person A triggering Side Game Suspension is a different action than Person B triggering Side Game Suspension.

- The regulated actions clause can regulate different sets of actions for different people.

I feel like either would make it so that doing something where the Rules say nothing about me doing it would be unregulated for me, even if the Rules says something about a different person performing the action (as long as no player is required to be a recordkeepor of something the action would change).

One such action is the assigning of judges to CFJs. Judge is specifically an untracked CFJ switch, thus no player is "required to be the recordkeepor" (assuming CFJ 3740 comes out TRUE or otherwise affirms this statement). Assume that I create a CFJ, let it be CJF X.

Rule 991 ("Calls for Judgment") reads:

      When a CFJ's judge is unassigned, the Arbitor CAN assign any
      eligible player to be its judge by announcement, and SHALL do so
      in a timely fashion. The players eligible to be assigned as judge
      are all active players except the initiator and the person barred
      (if any). The Arbitor SHALL assign judges over time such that all
      interested players have reasonably equal opportunities to judge.
      If a CFJ has no judge assigned, then any player eligible to judge
      that CFJ CAN assign it to emself Without 3 Objections.

This Rule does not impose requirements on me changing the judge of CFJ X. It instead regulates assigning the CFJ for the Arbitor (who is not me) and for "any player eligible to judge that CFJ", which is a description that I do not fulfill.

Specifically, here is my reasoning:

- If doing the same thing is a different "action" for each different performer, then the Rules only explicitly regulate the the Arbitor flipping the judge switch and "any player eligible to judge [CFJ X]" flipping the judge siwtch. Me flipping the judge switch of CFJ X would be a completely different action, and thus not regulated by the Rules, and thus the Rules SHALL NOT be interpreted to proscribe me flipping that switch.

- If the regulated actions clause regulates different sets of actions of different people, then there is no wording that explicitly causes it to be regulated for me. Just like there is no wording that specifically causes (otherwise unregulated) actions that would violate contracts to which I am not party to be regulated for me. Therefore, the flipping of the judge switch of CFJ X would NOT be regulated for me, and the Rules SHALL NOT be interpreted to proscribe it.

I really hope that my reasoning is flawed in some way because, otherwise, this is a disturbing precedent. Please tell me if you can see something.

Jason Cobb